- Accordion Fold:
- Parallel folds, alternating in direction
- Backing Up:
- Printing the reverse side of a sheet that is already printed on one side
- A proof made from film
- Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black; the inks used in color process printing
- To gather pages in a particular order for binding
- Occurs when a graphic element carries over from a page to the one facing it
- Deckle Edge:
- The naturally ragged edge of untrimmed paper
- A stamping tool used in embossing and cutting
- Dot Gain:
- The spread of dots during the stages of printing or platemaking, as measured by the increase in size of a midtone dot - if, for some reason such as paper absorbency, a 50% dot expands to a 60% dot, the gain is 10%
File Transfer Instructions:
- We are able to take files up to 475 MB in size. To minimize the amount of time that it takes to upload your file(s), please compress the file(s) using a program like WinZip (.ZIP) or StuffIt (SIT).
- We would like as much information as possible from you. At a minimum, please give us your Name (first and last), Phone, and E-mail. Your upload will not work without completing the minimum required fields.
- After you have "browsed" your computer for the file(s) to upload and clicked the "Upload File" button, you will be displayed a "File Upload Status" bar. Please do not navigate to another web site while this process is running. The file you are attempting to upload will not transfer if you close this window or go to another web page.
- If you do not have the minimum required fields completed, you will be displayed an error message and your file will not be uploaded. In this case, simply go back and complete the required fields and "Upload File" again.
- Once your file is uploaded successfully, you will see the "File Upload Status" at 100% and will be shown a page that confirms your upload was successful. Upon seeing this information, please check the e-mail inbox of the address you provided for the upload, you will have an e-mail that confirms our receipt of the file(s). If you do not have an e-mail confirmation from us, please contact us.